12/6/08

A la carte...

So, I'm trying to make unleavened bread. Again. I've tried before with disastrous results. What's so hard about unleavened bread? I make regular bread...seems like this would be more simple...but, no. This recipe tasted good as dough, but called for it to be refrigerated for 3 hours, then rolled out and baked. So, I dutifully follow the directions to a "T" and pull it out of the fridge. It's like a ROCK. How do you roll out a rock? Since I want to go to bed, I put the "rock" in the oven for a few minutes in the hopes it will soften. I'll let you know by the end of this post what happens....

So what's new with you all? We are getting MORE snow....again. I'm not sure if it's stopped snowing since last Monday. You know, we don't live in Alaska...I would expect this there. But since frozen wasteland sounds a little harsh, we'll go with Winter Wonderland. Sounds more upbeat, right? Seriously, we have a LOT of snow. The seats on my kids swings will be covered in the morning at this rate. One of them already is. The trailer is covered...won't be using that til spring. I would take a picture, but I stink at that and it would NOT be an accurate view of what's going on here. They actually fill dump trucks with snow and take them out of town to dump them because the snow piles up too high to see around corners. Yay for the skiers!

Went to dinner with friends Thursday night....Toni makes the BEST tacos, and served us up some delicious tamales. Best I've ever had! Of course, maybe they tasted so great because all four kids were at our neighbors....either way. It was awesome.

That's about it for me and my life...see why I haven't posted? School, sleep, clean, cook, get after my hubby's rugrats...,

Oh, yeah. Had a great one last night. Of course no pics. I had just made an awesome pitcher of tangerine white iced tea for our Bible study. Shouldn't have done it, but I was relaxing on the couch for a few minutes til we had to head out. Heard a BAD noise from the kitchen. I'm sure you can guess the rest. Iced tea lake and a broken pitcher. JACK. ON HIS BELLY. LAPPING UP THE TEA. I would have happily poured him a sippy cup full of it had he asked. Oh well. Life goes on, even as we stick to the floor as we walk through the kitchen.

That's it for this post...I'll update about the bread...not looking too good right now.

***UPDATE*** The bread is done. It tastes good, but doesn't look very pretty...I'll need to work on this one a bit more. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Yea Son loves to chew on our chap sticks but then again he puts everything in his mouth. We jokingly call him the goat. LOL
Wow 5 is your high??? I read a news article about a town in Alaska that was at -78.... Can you imagine?? made me feel nice and warm in my 20 degree weather!

tammi said...

I don't get it....what's the deal with unleavened bread??

Heidi said...

the unleavened bread was for communion at church. nobody likes the stuff that tastes all stale...so we found an online recipe for stuff that tastes palatable....