9/30/08

A woman's work is never done...but God's is!

I didn't really have a reason for the title of my blog. But, I got to thinking about it today. Seems like there's ALWAYS something left undone around here...that last load of laundry, one subject for homeschool, not getting the basement cleaned... On the spiritual side of things, there's always some kind of mess there too! Always the next step towards Christ that needs to be taken. More knowledge and application needed. More self-denial and love for others. After awhile it can get a bit discouraging to think of all the "loose strings" in my life - both practically and spiritually.

As I was bemoaning my pathetic state, I remembered the words of Jesus Christ on the cross, "IT IS FINISHED!" There is nothing at the moment that I can think of more encouraging than those three words. "IT", the most important transaction in history, is STILL completed. By God's grace, it is completed in me. It will always be. No matter how I feel the fact remains - I am His and it is done.

So as you go about your life this week, don't be distracted by what's not done. (I'm not condoning letting it all go and vegging out...think **serenity now**.) Keep focused on the positive. The one thing that needed done....is finished! Praise the LORD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Heidi and Pastor Joe.
I hope for your sakes that it is a girl too.
God Bless,
In Christ,
Julia