10/1/08

Summer '08 Activity - Part 1

This was a great summer for the VonDo's. We celebrated three birthday's. Zoe first, Jack turned one, then Bubba. Normally, that would be alot of cake in one month, but our kids are not always typical. Zoe does not like cake (?????) so she had a homemade (mostly by her) mint chocolate chip ice cream cake with a brownie bottom, cool whip top, and milk chocolate shavings. Yummy. Jack had cupcakes. When Bubba was given his choice he chose...cheesecake..."with those chocolate curly things on the top...". All the adults loved him!


Then, there was T-ball. This was the first year we were involved, and Joe was a coach for their team. (Vanderbilt does have a total of two teams....you can imagine the competition! LOL!)
Only Zoe and Bubba were old enough to participate, and they both had a blast! Zoe throws like a girl, and Joseph inherited some of his dad's ability. Marty will be giving the 8-year-olds a run for their money next summer!




Another highlight was our trip to the Saginaw Zoo. I must admit I had NO idea Saginaw had a zoo. It was small, but very nice. We went with Grandma Pestel and Great Grandma Nina. I think the kiddos rode the carousel about 5 times.








Lastly for "part 1", I found this beautiful sunset picture. It is extremely rare for me to take a good picture, but I loved this one. We were up on the Straits of Mackinaw in Lake Huron. (?)
Joe took me up on a date and we took a sunset Vesper cruise. We were actually on Lake Michigan (for sure) for this pic since we were on the west side of the bridge (Mackinaw Bridge). It was really cool to see the barge go right beside us and sail into the sunset.
That's all for now, more to come.





1 comment:

Melissa said...

That last picture is AWESOME! I would frame that one for sure!

Wow, three birthdays in one month! I can't believe Zoe is this old. It seems like just yesterday I was visiting you after you had her.