10/6/08

In Other News....

#5 is now officially on his/her way! (hopefully "her") We're thrilled and excited about what (or who?) God has in store for us. It was only a couple months ago that both Joe and I would have been much upset by this...development. But, we've learned a few things since then and truly value this gift we're being given. Truthfully, I am excited, but reseved. I have a lot of puking and feeling like garbage to go thru before we get the baby. Not to mention actually getting the baby.

On a funny note, Marty thinks he gets the baby. Like its his turn, or something. He got to be the one to call my mother-in-law, and he says, "I'm having a baby" and, "I'm going to be the owner of it!" I assume this possessiveness will wear off over the next 8 months...or at least after he holds a screaming baby for the first time! LOL!

Anyway, my potential due date is June 13th, 2009. I'm really bummed because the hospital we use no longer uses the midwives! There are actually none in our area that I know of! My midwife is actually not even practicing anymore because no hospitals will take them on! What a rip! I'd drive even longer if she were practicing elsewhere! Thankfully, God is in control and I am certain He will provide a good Dr. for us.

So, now you're in the know!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! I'm hoping you have a girl. Poor Z is outnumbered!

Bethany said...

Congrats Heidi - I'm not sure if you remember me but I'm Robert and Vivian's daughter from CBC in San Antonio. I haven't seen a picture of your kiddos since Zoey was about 3!!! Wishing you the best for the pregnancy! How is your brother doing? I still remember that time we had the egg smash game at a youth night and I think I was the one to smash one on him. :)

tammi said...

What the FREAK?! My head is spinning here.....I almost cannot believe that I am reading Heidi PESTEL's blog and that she is about to have kid #5! This is crazy! How are you!? LOL

We were playing a game the other day with friends and a question came up "did you ever have anyone/anything named after you" and it all came rushing back to me in a flood of memories and I found myself saying, "my best friend/worst enemy named a pig after me". They all looked at me quizzically. I said, "it was a love-hate relationship"

LOL!

Heidi said...

Melissa - Don't worry about Zoe, she holds her own with the boys. I explained to her that they will need someone to tell them what to do...

Bethany - Of course I remember you! I've actually read your blog (and Tasha's - though she doesn't blog much). Aaron is doing great, seeing someone for a couple years now.

Tammi - Yeah, sorry about the pig thing. I always describe us as a love/hate relationship too. Also, as long as I'm apologizing, sorry for smacking you that day in the piano room in front of the auditorium...don't remember why? You? BTW, Esther is having a boy in a few weeks, her second. Oldest is a girl (2). Good to hear from you!

Mrs. Nichole J. said...

Congrats!!!
:)